The Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair
Pure argan oil is produced from kernels from the argan tree found only in Morocco. Highly valued for its medicinal,cosmetic, and nutritive properties, argan oil is commonly used to improve the condition of the hair and the skin. The argan tree naturally grows in semi-arid conditions, with a deep root system that aids in protecting itself against soil erosion as well as the Sahara Desert’s northern advance.
While argan oil is gaining popularity for all the things it can do, it remains to be one of the rarest oils to harvest because its tree only grows only in specific areas and these areas are also quite small compared to other tree plantations. Argan trees were discovered in 1510 and the earliest studies done on the tree were in 1711. Argan oil for hair and argan oil for skin is called by many as liquid gold today because of the benefits the oil has.
Using Argan Oil in Your Hair
- Argan oil easily hydrates hair so it stops roughness and curliness to give you smoother, softer hair.
- As the Argan oil enters the hair shafts, hair elasticity is improved and hair growth is stimulated.
- Hair shafts are smoothed down by Argan oil so you get smoothness that makes uncontrollable, unmanageable hair go away.
- Argan oil has natural antioxidants that make quick work of repairing hair damage at the cellular level so your hair bounces back to health.
- Varying degrees of hair damage are taken care of by Argan oil for hair because of the high levels of vitamin E that has been proven to restore, renew, and repair hair.
- Still, while Argan oil is an amazing moisturizer, it doesn’t leave a greasy residue so you can still enjoy hair that is light and full of volume. No weigh-downs to worry about.
- For those with coloured hair, argan oil is also effective because it counters dryness and damage while at the same time boosting color to give you more vibrant hair. Hair color also lasts longer with Argan oil for hair treatment, helping you save on costs since you dont have to color your hair as often as before.
- For those who have problems with hair fall and split ends, Argan oil is high in unsaturated fatty acids like Omega 9 and Omega 3 so protein structures in the hair are improved to give you the kind of hair strength you are looking for.
How to Use Argan Oil in Your Hair
You can use argan oil in hair before or after you take a bath.
- If you’re using some before you take a bath, pour the oil on your head and then spread it out to cover your hair from roots to tips.
- Gently massage the oil on your scalp and use a comb to evenly distribute the oil in your hair.
- Wrap your head with a warm towel or cloth and leave in for a few minutes before washing out your hair.
- If you’re using the oil after you take a bath, just get a few drops of argan oil for hair in your hands and smooth it through damp hair.
Sign Up to receive our updates on special offers and you can also purchase your Argan Oil from our Buy Argan Oil page.